Monday, January 14, 2008

Share the Care meeting Update

Thank you to everyone that came and everyone that will be getting their packets today via Rebekah or Dilly. It was an emotional meeting, but very productive as well. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone and am looking forward to seeing folks outside of that room again.

We're working on getting the care calendar out to everyone and expect that it will be released within the week. This will allow everyone to see what need the family has and then they can volunteer whatever they'd like to do. The captains will be your points of contact.

Captains are as follows:

Dilly Lewis - Captain of evening care givers (i.e. Ami's sitter)
Jennie McDivitt - Food coordinator
Holly Ford - Captain
Carol DeBoe - Captain (Austin)
Dena Stauffer - Captain (PA)

Kelly Fears is the team coordinator. She ultimately makes sure we have the coverage that we need, creates the calendar and keeps the captains in the loop.

Again, thanks to everyone that came. As you know, it was emotionally very difficult for me to have to ask for people's help, and share how I feel about becoming a burden to my family and friends. Since my diagnosis, I've realized how my hope in humanity has always been high and that nobody has let me down yet. No matter how bad this disease sucks, I have been seeing so many positives. Relationships growing stronger; healing for other families effected by the disease; and finally, learning that everyone can get something positive out of being a part of our lives.

No comments: