Monday, January 14, 2008

Donate button on the blogsite

Some folks may or may not have noticed the donate button that is on my blog. We've added this feature because there are people that want to and have given directly to our family. Some people find all they can do is write a check.

Again, it's very hard to "ask" for anything. So I will explain that our family has had and will have more unexpected costs. We're going to have to get a handicap van, automatic generator and do home renovations so that I can get in and out of the shower. Also, we have a "wish-list" of things to do and places to go while I still can. Examples are going on a second honeymoon to Switzerland. Chase wants him and I to take a cruise. We have family reunions in Tahoe and PA. My dream trip is to go to Maui. We also want to go to Cedar Point amusement park. I might as well get shook up and turned upside down just for the thrill of it!

Having said all that, I have to add that 15% of what we receive will be donated to the ALSA and ALS TDI organizations. I have hope that there will be a cure for ALS. Whether it comes in time for me or someone else, I still have hope. Other than hope, I pray for a slow progression so that I can enjoy my family and friends for as long as possible.

No comments: